The sequence of events to get to the first match is……
- Registration night – teams sign on and pay their subs.
- Each teams’ average is calculated from previous top 8 player averages.
- A provisional section list is produced.
- A committee meeting is held to validate the provisional list ensuring section winners get promoted etc.
- Handicaps are given (generally to the Premier/A sections) to average out the doll difference in the highest performing teams.
- Fixture list is prepared, proofed and then printed and PDF’d (for the website).
- Teams and players are entered into the scoring systems (both online and offline this year).
- Fixture packs are prepared and delivered to the venues (by hand by willing volunteers – thank you).
- First game 6th May 8.15 for 8.30 start!
This year both scorecard and online score entry is mandatory (as per AGM vote). The winning team is responsible for posting the card AND entering the scorecard online. You will need to use the username/password which you either had at the AGM or will be provided in the fixture pack once the sections are decided. Any problems get in touch by email to chairman or webmaster @abingdonauntsally.com and we’ll do our best. Don’t panic about the online entry we have videos showing how easy it is and we are making it easier too.
It’s wise to take a photo of the card with your smartphone so you can check the scores or in case the scorecard is lost in the post.
Important – please update your email address when you get your login details so you can get emailed details like this post !